Dated: 15th March 2020
As your travel partner, consultant and well-wisher, we have been closely following the developments arising out of the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) issue across the globe. Our team is monitoring the situation 24x7. Your safety and well-being are our top priority. Our guest delight team remains more active than ever, and please feel free to reach out to your relationship manager for any and every concern regarding your travel plans or upcoming travel with us. We know these are tough times and from our end we are doing everything possible to ensure that you get minimal financial impact should you need to change your travel plans in view of COVID-19. Following is our assessment of the COVID-19 situation as on date of this communication.
Out of our top destinations, Africa (East & South African countries) is the least affected and has nearly zero incidences of COVID-19 in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Botswana etc. The governments of these countries have so far not imposed any restrictions on inbound travel but are closely screening all incoming guests at the airports. On a global perspective, currently a Safari to Africa is one of the safest areas to travel to right now. We are following the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO) and there are currently no reasons not to enjoy an African safari with us.
India is more affected, and the Indian government has suspended tourist visas from almost all countries till 15th April, thereby discouraging any kind of tourism. However outgoing travel is allowed for Indian citizens except to severe COVID-19 affected countries like China, Italy, Iran, Republic of Korea, France, Spain and Germany. Therefore, one has to defer or cancel any immediate tourism related travel to India for now.
We are closely following all the travel advisories of the respective governments. We suggest you rely on the respective travel advisories of your home country and that of the country of your visit. Further there are WHO and other credible agency reports which provide authentic assessment of the current situation. However, do desist from relying on social media and whatsapp rumors as many are exaggerated and often fake.
Following is our assurance to our existing guests and those who wish to sign up with us for their vacation travel.
For existing bookings:
- We are dealing this on case by case basis. For all our bespoke tours, we have already reached out to the respective hotel partners and other third party vendors.
- Many of them, if not all, are allowing credit for the next 12 months, albeit each having different terms and conditions.
- Except where the vendor has charged us cancellation fees, we will not pass any cancellation fees to our guests. Wherever we get credit from our vendors, we will extend the same credit to our guests.
- For most guests, if not all, the situation may look like a travel credit for the next 12 months. However travel credit will be valid only if postponement is due to COVID-19, where the travel advisories of the country of origin and the country/countries of visit will be considered as the parameter of consideration. For cancellations or postponement due to any other reason, our usual cancellation policy shall apply.
- Over the next few days, we will have more comprehensive information from each of our vendor partners on their respective cancellation/postponement policy and based on that will be reaching out to our guests on a case by case basis as per the following schedule.
- For the guests scheduled to travel in March and April, we will treat them as a priority and reach out to them by 17th March on travel postponement options. We have already handled few cases of March which were urgent.
- For guests travelling between May to July we shall reach out to them by 22nd March for travel postponement options. For guests travelling post July, we will suggest to wait and watch for next two weeks to monitor the progress of the situation globally, and then mutually decide a course of action in first week of April.
For new bookings we would like to offer our “peace of mind” guarantee. The details are as follows:
- We are offering a “peace of mind” guarantee to all new bookings made till 30th April 2020 where deposit is received by 30th of April 2020. This guarantee is over and above our usual cancellation policy.
- Africa tours – For Africa tours of July 2020 till December 2020, you can cancel 30 days prior to your departure date and get a full cash refund from us. You can also postpone your trip and get the entire amount as travel credit from us (price of tour as per new dates will be applicable). For cancellation or postponement done less than 30 days before travel, you will get 50% of the paid amount as a future travel credit. However, the reason for cancellation or postponement has to be a COVID-19 advisory from government and no other cancellation reason will be accepted for this waiver.
- India tours – For India tours for travel from October 2020 till December 2020, you can cancel 45 days prior to your departure date and get a full cash refund from us. You can also postpone your trip and get the entire amount as travel credit from us (price of tour as per new dates will be applicable). For cancellation or postponement done less than 45 days before travel, you will get 50% of the paid amount as a future travel credit. However, the reason for cancellation or postponement has to be a COVID-19 advisory from government and no other cancellation reason will be accepted for this waiver.
- We are not extending this offer for 2021 bookings as the COVID-19 situation is very unlikely to continue till 2021. However, if such a situation arises and if COVID-19 continues in 2021 (and not a relapse), then this cancellation offer will be extended till December 2021 via a further notification.
At Wild Voyager, the happiness and convenience of our guests matter the most to us than anything else. In these tough times, we are committed to stand by our guests and together tide over this temporary crisis. We remain committed to providing you with life changing experiential journeys, as always.
Till then, be safe!
Chief Operations Officer,